Published in: Hair / Tags: Conditioner, Shampoo
As a hairdresser of course I would rather have my clients get all their hair treatments done with me. However a hair mask is definitely something you can do to your own hair and why not? You will save some money and you will have much healthier hair. And in the end…you will make my life a little easier when you come in for your next color service with conditioned hair. Now you will know how to do this yourself.
More than anything I want people to learn hair maintenance tricks for when they are at home. You can have healthier hair if you put a little effort in using a good shampoo, conditioner and a shine serum. And for extra damaged and chemically treated hair there is a cherry on top called AG Hair Keratin Repair Reconstruct Intense Anti-Breakage Mask. It’s all right there in the name for you!
Why I use AG products so much
The AG brand leaves out all ingredients that aren’t good for you, like salt, paba, parabens and DEA, and processes like animal testing. And this doesn’t just go for the hair mask, it’s regarding all of their products. All their stuff smells like heaven and did I mention you can really feel a difference in your hair after every use?
It Saved my damaged hair
After lightening my ends this summer my hair got so damaged. It was literally stringy, gummy, damaged and visible. I applied the hair mask to my hair and saw amazing results after just one use. Eventually I did trim an inch off to keep my ends looking healthy but I wasn’t forced to chop it all off. I know if I used this mask at least once or twice a month before my lightening service my hair would have been stronger to take the lightening service.
Here is how to use it at home
- Shampoo your hair twice (check out my how to shampoo post) hair should always be shampooed twice.
- Squeeze out all the water and towel blot. Hair should be wet but not dripping with water.
- Apply the mask on your hair starting at your ends and working your way up. I don’t rub it into my scalp if I feel my hair on top isn’t damaged. I feel like if I apply too much at the roots my hair can get over hydrated and feel greasy. But it’s up to you. If your hair was chemically treated everywhere then apply it everywhere.
- Put all your hair in a bun and put on a shampoo cap. When I run out of shampoo caps I use a regular grocery plastic bag.
- Blow dry the head for 20 minutes and then let it cool off for 10 minutes leaving the bag on.
- Rinse with warm or cool water. And you are done. (Remember after washing your hair never rub the hair with your towel, only squeeze and blot the water out. Or just wrap the towl around your head for a little.)
You saved yourself some money and now have healthier hair. If your hair is extremely damaged you can do this once a week. If it’s not as bad you can do this two times a month. And if your hair is normal to minimal damage you can do this once a month to keep your hair extra nourished.
Hope this helps, ask any questions below and please share this with anyone who is struggling with their hair. Thank you.