Published in: Hair / Tags: Conditioner, Shampoo
Are you a high maintenance redhead? Do you have vibrant hair color that keeps fading? If so then join the high maintenance hair color club. This is normal because of the way red hair color is formulated but there is good news, I can help you make it last longer.
I always say I would do anything that helps my hair! And for the people I know who are taking these steps, they see a difference to the longevity of their hair color. After all, you are paying to get your hair looking great so why not take a few steps to make that beautiful hair color last. Here are 5 easy steps that will help:
5 Steps you can apply to save your hair color
- Use a color safe sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. My ultimate favorite is AG Colour Savour shampoo and conditioner.
- You can also use a color enhancing shampoo with red pigment to enhance your hair color. (If it's red)
- Avoid using super hot water when washing your hair.
- Keep your hair hydrated with a hair mask using it once every two weeks. I love the AG Hair Mask for extra moisture. Color fades from dry damaged hair faster.
- Use a heat protector on your damp hair before applying heat to it with your blow dryer or hot tools. I think Loma Pearatin Shine Serum works perfectly. It’s light enough to where you can apply it everywhere and it won’t make your hair greasy or weigh it down. Or you can use any heat protecting spray into your damp hair.
Vacation hair tips
Remember if you are on vacation and your newly colored hair is in the sun it could fade quickly. If you are worried about that then wear a hat. And try using a heat protecting hairspray to set your style that has UV protection. AG Hair Colour Care Texture Spray is a great one. Also keep in mind chlorine in swimming pools will fade the color and so will salt water. Try keeping your hair up in a bun if you don’t want your hair to get wet. Or if that’s all too much hassle, just enjoy your vacation, let your hair down and get a touch up color service when you get back into town. After all you are a high maintenance redhead and that’s why you look so good!
I hope you learned something new today! I love to help so feel free to ask me questions below and post your favorite color safe shampoo and tips. Also I’d love for you to share this article with friends and family so everyone can benefit.
Image credit: diana_evans_